This article will indeed help you avoid excessive weight gain in winters and how to lose weight in winter.
Believe me, it’s so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak(गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies(पिन्नी).
- It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control.
- Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos.
- The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
6 tips to lose weight in winter and weight gain in winters
- Get enough sunshine
- A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your Vitamin D status.
- Limit fatty foods
- Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies, and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
- Fill yourself up with fiber
- Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetables
- Have soup before your dinner
- Add oats, barley and dals(दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
- Don’t skip workouts
- Don’t skip the gym.
- Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
- Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight.
- Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
- Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee.
- Have light soups and broths.