Mostly all people without knowing the surprising Health benefits of papaya seeds throw them away.
The papaya seeds are known as “traditional healers treat”, and it acts as a magical bullet for the treatment of Liver, Kidney, Digestive diseases and many more. In this article, we present some of the important health benefits of papaya seeds.
“The papaya seeds have the numerous medicinal properties”
YES!!! You read it right and it is not a joke!!
Detoxification of Liver
Papaya seeds detoxify the liver easily within a month and increase the appetite mainly in elderly, children and alcoholic patients. Papaya seeds prevent free radical production in the liver cell and easily generate the new cells.
Papaya seeds consist of myrosinase (an enzyme), it activates the cytochrome P 450 isoenzyme in the liver. Papaya seed contains papain, it has the ability to dissolve and clean out the dead tissues without altering the activity of the good cells. This traditional therapy has been used for only 3 weeks and restarts again after one week. During this therapy, water intake is approximately 3-4 liters daily.
Directions for Use:
- Eight to ten seeds to be taken orally with lukewarm water after the meal twice a day for 2 weeks.
- On the other side, boil half spoon of dried seed powder in water and its decoction can be used regularly after the meal once a day.
- In traditional medicines, papaya seed ash (1mg) is mixed with honey (3-5g) twice a day detoxify the liver.
Detoxification of Kidney
The kidney is the mainly responsible for the filtering of whole toxins produced during the metabolism. We all are using wide varieties of unwanted toxins, which results in their deposition and hence causes urinary tract infection, calculi of the kidney, and reduction of filtering capacity. For this, it may help to repair or prevent kidney damage.
Directions for Use:
- Fresh papaya seed should be taken orally in the morning time, approximately 15-20 seeds should be chewed on a daily routine for 3 weeks. After chewing the seeds, take 200-500 ml water after half an hour.
- Papaya seeds are used to heal the damage to the kidney during the filtering process. By chewing seeds, medicinally important chemical present in the seed directly reach blood circulation and increase the efficacy of treatment 50 times.
- It easily eradicates the toxins produced during the metabolism in the whole body and excretes toxins out through urine. Carpaine is an alkaloid present in the papaya seeds which detoxifies the toxins by making a chelate which is easily excreted out.
Improvement in Digestion
- Papaya seed is beneficial to flourish digestive flora, primarily it acts on the liver and increases its vitality to perform better.
- The seed prevents the ulcer formation and heals the ulcer due to the presence of benzylisothiocyanate in the seed and pulp.
- It has the ability to kill and prevent the ulcer-producing bacteria.
- Dried papaya seed powder mixed with honey after food prevents flatulence.
- Five to ten fresh papaya seeds mixed with a pinch of black pepper increase the appetite.
- For worm infection (helminthiasis), air-dried seed powder, 2gm mixed with 1 tsp honey taken once a day empty stomach for a week.
- Papaya seeds contain Papain, which is called as a digestive aid helps in the digestion of proteins.