n this article, we’re going to explain top 12 ways to eat healthy in Navratri fasting diet tips. It is important to eat small meals at regular intervals. This will keep your metabolism fast.
Navratri Fasting Diet Tips
Navratri 2017 Best Ways To Eat Healthy In Fasting
- Replace fried foods with non-fried options and include more of yogurt, smoothies, lassi and fruits which not only will keep you full but maintain the optimum fluids in the body.
- Instead of puri or pakodas made from Kuttu atta, try out Kuttu ki roti, replace fried aloo-chat with boiled aloo-chat and kheer with mixed-fruit curd or flavored yogurt.
- If your taste buds please and time allows, make some idli and dosa from the samak ke chawal.
- Limit your potato intake to about twice a week.
- Replace whole milk with skimmed milk or double toned milk for desserts.
- Substitute sugar in a sweet dish with natural sugars.
- Keep drinking water, coconut water, lemonade (without sugar), herbal teas …as much as you can. It works as a great detox.
- Eating veggies like pumpkin and ghia (bottle gourd) in different forms like soups and curries to fill you up with fewer calories.
- Use rajgira flour to make chapattis instead of using kuttu ka atta. It’s lighter and low in calories.
- Be fruit-friendly this Navratri. Try including fresh fruits in your diet in various forms of salads, smoothies and raitas to keep up with your nutrition, Fruits have healthy sugar fructose. Seasonal fruits boost the immunity and fiber, iron and B6 intake to supercharge your metabolism.
- Instead of having namkeens and pakodas as snacks, have a handful of roasted makhanas or a handful of nuts like almonds, pistachios, walnuts or hazelnuts.
- Drink low-fat milk, lassi, and yogurt, it reduces your cravings to eat junk food. Add cucumber, lauki or tomato to your yogurt to make it more filling.
So, enjoy your food and great health these Navratras. Wish you all a very Happy Navratri 2017 from the team of LiveLifeMore®